Me ringing a 100 year old churchbell

Me ringing a 100 year old churchbell
May God's Glory Be Known Everytime A Churchbell is Rung and Heard
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software
1x1

Monday, January 10, 2011

Curiosity on Church Chimes and bells.

I admit that I was curious about those wonderous and harmonious sounding bells often heard during church services.  I look in the steeple and figure that the church must have some type or carillon somewhere? From my experience, turns out that they don't have a carillon, but an electric carillon device that plays recordings of the bells. At the  most within their steeple is the speakers or megaphones that the bell music is piped to. But from other videos I've seen on Youtbe, I've gotten a better idea of what it's like up there, as naturally I would get in big trouble if I went up there myself. I've seen the giant Cathedrial chimes that are usually hung high on the wall just above a special organ that controlls the chimes. I just wanted to find out what those sounds were and how those bells are played and where churches keep them. Mostly I admit of being afraid of getting yelled at by the minister or someone working in the church, just because I wanted to find their churchbells. I had gotten yelled at harshly by a male minister at a Trinity church I had gone to from a bell related incident, so as a result I'm never going back to that church again.

No comments:

Post a Comment